Thursday, November 15, 2007

Oh what a day.....

What a day yesterday. Its only because I have finally calmed down that I can write about it. It started off like any other day until, I get a call at work that changes the whole day.

So someone that has no earthly idea about home theater sells a customer a system and promises that it will be the best thing he has ever heard and you can have it tomorrow. There is two important things that I have learned in the past couple of years:

1. NEVER quote time. As soon as you say,"of coarse that package will be there tomorrow" everything that is evil in the world conspires against you to make sure that your package will be there at least a day later than what you said and broken.

2. NEVER use absolutes. Do not use the following words in your explanation: ever, greatest, best, always, never, etc. Example: "this is the best thing you will ever hear"

The reason for those two things is that you will be cornered by your own words. There will come a time that what you have said will come back and bit you in the ass. So thats why I try to protect myself. The English language is a powerful tool, both for and against you.

Back to the story.
So the installer is now getting an earful and the customer is less than happy. So I now have to leave work and drive 30 miles to go fix the problem that somehow I was blamed for by the person that screwed it up in the first place. But that was only the beginning.

Later in the day I get a phone call from my girlfriend and she is very upset. She tells me that she just got off the phone with a bill collector that is threatening her and saying some rude things. Things like if you do not pay back you student loan now it will be defaulted and go on your credit report. Not a big deal normally, if you thought that it has been paid off for sometime. Well guess what? It wasn't. Her mother was to pay it back part of an earlier agreement, but never did and never told anyone. Great. Even better is the fact that her mom has not been giving her mail that has been sent to her mother's house on this matter for the past 4 months. Double great.

So I leave work after an already crappy day, to go home and try to relax. Nope. Not even close. I am getting ready to get in the shower and I hear a loud bang on the front door. (The next part is a true story and I wish I were making this up.) There is a bag of dog shit on fire at my front door. I look down the street just in time to see my brother's car driving down the street. So after some heated discussion between my brothers and I, they decided to never talk to me again.
Triple fudge great.

But wait there is more.

I get home after being let go as a brother to find a flat tire on my girlfriend's car. Super size quadruple great.

The only good thing is, it's over.



No comments: